Tuesday, April 16, 2013

General Conference



Dear Family,

I realized as I was looking through my photos that I never told you about the April Fool's Day pranks that were pulled on us. When we went to do laundry the Spanish elders snuck into our apartment and turned all the chairs upside down. They switched our mattresses, put 2 bikes in the closet and one bike in the shower. They put bullion in the shower head and tried to make jello in the toilet and they seran wrapped the toilet seat. They put our nametags in jello and pulled all other sorts of pranks. Our favorite member in Clear Lake 1 found out that it was my birthday so he fed us and threw a birthday party for me. He gave us blueberry lemonade (which was super good) that had methalyne blue in it so we were all peeing blue the following morning. It was a fun time.

The pictures of the missionaries in the van was on the way back from the airport with the new missionaries. They had to wake up at 2:00 AM to leave the MTC and were just exhausted. Right after I took this picture, the transmission on the van went out and we had a fiasco. It was fun. That has all been taken care of now though. The other picture is my old district at Denny's for a district breakfast before I was transferred. 

This week has been a fun one. President Ashton has been in Arizona for a mission president's seminar. Elder Nelson was in charge of it. President Ashton texted us and told us that we now need to be baptizing every week rather than every month. We are expected to set the example for the mission in baptizing, please pray that we can do so.

The Columbo family came to church again. I taught Gospel Principles on faith and challenged each person their to take the next step of faith whatever it is. I looked at them and said that if you haven't been baptized then you need to show God that you are willing to be obedient to Him no matter what the command. They felt the Holy Ghost and I am looking forward to their baptism in the near future (we still don't have a set date).

I already know a whole bunch of the ward so I feel at home. I love Elders Woodland and Nottingham so much. They are a blast to be around and have taught me so much. I really look up to them and feel humbled to serve around such mighty missionaries. 

As I watched conference last weekend, I wanted to cry for joy. I don't think anything could have made me happier than listening to the brethren stand up and say that we all need to do better missionary work. The Lord truly is hastening His work and this work is true. There is nothing greater than the salvation of souls. Something that I have learned from President Ashton is that we need to be willing to literally give our all to help others come unto Christ. He is such an incredible example of that. 

I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers. Please continue to pray for the Columbo Family. 

Love,

Elder Case

P.S. I will send companionship photos and a picture of our truck next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment