Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Baptism, a Symbol of the Resurrection


Dear Family,

This was a wonderful weekend full of baptisms and the Savior. Tommy and Tad were both baptized and confirmed on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Both of the services were perfect for both Tommy and Tad. I can't think of a better way to spend Easter weekend.

In Sacrament meeting, a man gave a talk about how Christ broke the bands of both death and sin. I really liked his talked and continued a study of the topic. I particularly enjoy these two scriptures:

Alma 7:11-12

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions andbtemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccorhis people according to their infirmities.
2 Nephi 26:22
 22 And there are also secret acombinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the bdevil, for he is the founder of all these things; yea, the founder of murder, and cworksof darkness; yea, and he leadeth them by the neck with a flaxen cord, until he bindeth them with his strong cords forever.
What a wonderful knowledge we have that not only are we saved from physical death but that we can be saved from spiritual death if we but repent and come unto Him who is the "author and finisher of our faith". Easter was good to be able to reflect on the Savior and all he did for me. I know He lives and that He loves us!
Thank you for your prayers for Elder Woolstenhulme. He received clearance from the Marines the next day. But then we took him to the doctore because his knee is infected and they told him one more week. So now both of my companions will leave me next Monday. I don't know if I will be transferred or if I will stay here. It will be fun to find out. This is the first time I haven't know what was going to happen at transfers, so I am excited!
I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers and your love. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, emails, and the package (I did get it dad).
Love,
Elder Case

No comments:

Post a Comment