Monday, August 26, 2013

It Shall Be Given You...What Ye Shall Say

Dear Family, So many miracles and wonderful blessings happened this week. I will give you a run through of the schedule and then share some experiences. Monday: At night we met in the Bishop's home with his counselors and our Ward Mission Leader. We presented our plan to him to teach all the members of the ward and he loved it! It could not have gone better. Tuesday: We had our first Zone Conference and then went to our Stake President's home with 3 zone leaders in the stake and the high counselor over missionary work and presented a plan for the stake based on the revelation received from President Ashton and our Mission Leadership Council. That meeting went extremely well and Presidente Portillo is 100% on board. Wednesday: Another Zone Conference and then we taught the Bishop and his family in their home. Elder Johnson and I taught together for the first time. We taught the Restoration. It was the most powerful Restoration lesson I have ever been present for. Thursday: Zone Conference back in Clear Lake (my English area). I got to see all the youth I used to serve around. After the conference we were running around doing housing things for the mission. During the conference Elder Johnson and I felt prompted to demonstrate teaching the Atonement for the missionaries. We had not done this in the prior conferences and the Spirit came so strongly. Friday: The final Zone Conference, we taught the Atonement again and then taught our second counselor and his less-active family the Plan of Salvation. After that we went to teach one of Elder Johnson's investigators being led there by the Spirit. Now that I think about it, it was just like Nephi. We were led by the Spirit not knowing beforehand what we should do. We just showed up and asked why Heavenly Father wanted us there. Then had the most powerful lesson of my entire mission. 30 Seconds into the lesson, the Holy Ghost came, and He stayed the entire duration. For one solid hour I felt the Spirit constantly. I have never born testimony so boldly or powerfully. At the very very end, I looked into this young man's eyes and told him the things I know to be true. I could see in his eyes that his soul was touched profoundly. It was amazing. Saturday: We didn't have anything planned so we prayed, changed into our service clothes, serve the members of the ward, and found a new investigator and taught 2 lessons. I love that God answers prayers. Sunday: At church, a missionary homecoming talk. He trained one of my good friends in California. we went to eat with a member and they had invited our investigators. We taught about the Priesthood and gave back to school blessings. We then went to a meeting with the Stake President, all the Bishops, and all the Ward Mission Leaders. The Stake President presented our plan literally word for word. It was so great. The work is moving forward! I know this Gospel is true. We are working with ward and stakes just likes we have been asked to do. As we have worked under the keys of the Priesthood, a new power has entered into the work. I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers. Elder Case

No comments:

Post a Comment