Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Love Houston 4


I love this work. It was a really busy but blessed week as we helped Madison and Gerardo prepare for their baptism. As you can see from the photos, we had the service yesterday and it was wonderful. I baptized Gerardo first and as we watched Madison be baptized, we were dripping wet and he began to cry. It was a pretty touching moment. Later in the service during the hymns and testimonies, Madison was sobbing, as was her mom. Hermano Perez (our Ward Mission Leader) is all about making baptismal services as spiritual as possible. He thinks that it is a unique opportunity to get non-member family members to feel the Spirit and have a good experience with the church. I couldn't agree with him more.

 

I don't feel the need to be trunky because the ward is trunky for me. I get asked everyday by a member or investigator how it feels to have so little time left and what my plans are, if I am excited to see my family, etc... Of course I am excited to see y'all and I am not necessarily scared or even nervous about finishing the mission but what kills me is thinking of leaving this ward. They have become my family in every sense of the word. Many of my most spiritual experiences have been shared with these wonderful people that I love so much. They consider me to be their son or older brother and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just can't imagine leaving them.

 

La familia Castillo is doing so well. They came to church again and loved it. We visit them almost day and she just always feeds us. We taught them the first half of the Plan of Salvation and it ended with the oldest girl crying and then we returned the next day and taught the second half and it ended with the youngest girl crying. We aren't sure if that is a good thing or bad thing but the Spirit was there.

 

Jake Ashton came out with us from Friday night to Saturday afternoon. It was fun to see him again. We had a fun time with him in the apartment Friday night as you can see from the pictures.

 

We aren't sure where we are Skyping from yet on Sunday. We will have the family contact y'all during the week and set up a time. Hopefully we will do it at the Castillo's home so that you can meet them. I can't believe I will be talking to everyone again. I feel like we just did this. Time passes too quickly.

 

Anyways, everything is going really well. I love the work and am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I will talk to you in a week!

 

Love,

 

Elder Case

No comments:

Post a Comment