Monday, March 18, 2013

Armor of God






Dear Family,

It is still amazing to me how fast time passes. As you can see from the photos, we had a dunk contest last week while waiting for the rest of the district to show up and play sports with us. Today we are going to Kemah Boardwalk where there is a roller coaster that we are allowed to ride along with a whole bunch of carnival rides. Good photos will come next week.

The photos on the water aren't in my area, we were on exchanges with the Spanish elders. That isn't the ocean but is Clear Lake. It runs into the ocean and is a fresh/salt water lake.

Tommy keeps looking better and better for his baptism. During sacrament meeting he leaned over and told us of another experience he had feeling the Holy Ghost this week. He said that he was praying and asking God if in the next life he would be able to play video games with God and Christ and he said that the Holy Ghost came. I mean not exactly what I had in mind for feeling the Holy Ghost but it made us laugh. 

We also have a new investigator his name is Elroy. He is a member referral and Hispanic which means that I get to practice some teaching in Spanish! On exchanges with the Spanish elders we played soccer for an hour with some youth and they said we could come back. It was fun.

I taught Elders Quorum yesterday about "As man now is, God once was, as God is, man may be". I loved preparing for that lesson. It really helped me to understand my potential and that of those I serve. I also loved comparing that lesson to Elder Gay's talk from this past conference about what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

I hope all is well. Please pray for Elroy and Tommy. Thank you for your prayers.

Love,

Elder Case

No comments:

Post a Comment