Monday, December 10, 2012

Soldiers for Christ






Hey Family,

We are almost to Christmas. That is amazing how fast time passes. I just barely hit my six month mark on December 6th. I received a letter from my buddy serving in Carlsbad, CA that entered the MTC the same day as me and he said, we are almost 6 months old, can you believe it? It is not fair that time passes so quickly. Elder Barajas leaves tomorrow. I already said goodbye to him. I nearly cried. He is one of the greatest missionaries I know and I love him so much. He is one of those people that will have changed me for life.

I hope you are all well. I continue to pray for you. I found out that we don't get to Skype, but we can still call on Christmas. Thanks for being willing David. I will send out the information next week when I get it.

We took a lot of pictures this week. The sunset one is in honor of Stephen. I tried my best. I know there is no beach, but it is a jumping picture and the sunset. The car wash picture was just us showing our favorite part of P-Day. You know you are a missionary when the car wash becomes a weekly highlight. The other picture is the District. It will change a little bit because Elder Barajas is gone and our District Leader too. On the 6th, my 6 month mark, President Ashton called and asked me to be District Leader. I am excited. Dad, David, Craig, Mike, Phil, and Stephen and advice? Or good district meeting ideas?

We have been having a blast here. Last week we met a lady on the street from El Salvador and we started talking to her. The most common Salvorduraniean (spelling?) food out here is pupusas. They are so good and I have been trying my whole mission to set an appointment with someone of the street to make them. This lady is named Anabel. She accepted and we ate there on Thursday. We brought a member with us and had a wonderful experience. We taught her and she invited us back a second time. Found 6 new investigators this week that are so prepared. We are excited to help them in their journey to accept and embrace the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

We have been getting fed like mad out here. Many times this week we had back to back meal appointments. It was wonderful but a little hard with the bike. Elder Evertsen nearly lost his stomach. We might have a car this next transfer. Still not too sure. But we bike about 25 miles on Saturday. Luckily the weather here is perfect. Never hot and never cold.

Saturday night on our bike ride home from the nether parts of our area, Obispo sent me a text and asked if I would speak in Sacrament Meeting the next day. My topic was "Are we and example to the outside world?" I had to fill 20 minutes because it was only me, a youth speaker, and Elder Barajas (who was super sick from overeating at three consecutive meal appointments the day prior). I spoke about Matthew 5:14-16 and then 1 Nephi 8:20-23

 20 And I also beheld a astrait and narrow path, which came along by the rod of iron, even to the tree by which I stood; and it also led by the head of the fountain, unto a large and spacious field, as if it had been a bworld.
 21 And I saw numberless concourses of people, many of whom were apressing forward, that they might obtain the bpath which led unto the tree by which I stood.
 22 And it came to pass that they did come forth, and commence in the path which led to the tree.
 23 And it came to pass that there arose a amist of darkness; yea, even an exceedingly great mist of darkness, insomuch that they who had commenced in the path did lose their way, that they wandered off and were blost.
I talked about the people in the darkness that want to find the path. They want the light of the Gospel in their lives but just don't know where to find it (see D&C 123:11-13). Elder Barajas gave a great talk and bore powerful testimony of this Gospel and the Book of Mormon. I add my testimony to his that this is all true. I continue to see miracles daily. Thank you for your prayers. I love you all.
Elder Case

No comments:

Post a Comment