Saturday, August 4, 2012

Last one from the MTC

Family!
 
I can't believe that my MTC experience is already finished. I was just writing a lette to one of my leaders today and in it I said, "I don't think that anyone has ever enjoyed the MTC as much as I have." It has truly been an incredible experience here that I will never forget. And I guess next week you will get the email that says they taught me the wrong language here. I am excited to go out to the field and learn some more! Though I know the language will be extremely difficult, I have come to find that in lessons when I just forget everything and focus on the words of the investigators, I can understand. Sometimes I have no idea what the words are but the Holy Ghost tells me what they are saying. It has been incredible and I know that the same experiences will happen in Houston if I will continue to listen.
 
We had In-Field Orientation yesterday which is why P-Day is today. It was 12 or so hours about learning how to street contant, bus contact, airport contact, and so on. We learned about how to work with members and so much more. It was a long day but almost everything they taught me was completely new.
 
Elder Gray and I had a really neat opportunity this week to teach the new missionaries. We were selected with some others to teach the new missionaries how to begin teaching. On Monday nightwe received training and that hour and a half taught me more about following the Spirit and how to teach than anything else. We then went and did the demonstration on Wednesday night in front of two groups of new missionaries. All we did was begin to teach an investigator in front of them for about ten minutes and then they took the lesson over. It was fun. We have been reminiscing on our experience here and realized that we have had a blast. He had the best weekly service assignment which was in the kitchen and we got to explore the tunnels under the cafeteria. We have not had roommates for the past three weeks. We have loved our companionship, and we have had so many other unique experiences here.
 
Thank you all for your love and support and prayers. I can feel them and I am so grateful for them. I pray for you all daily. I have come to realize that miracles happen every day. One of the quotes from In-Field that I really liked was: "Miracles are the natural result of the application of true principles." I know that that is true. As I have done all I can here to be diligent, to be exactly obedient, and to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, I have seen these miracles occur for me and others. This Gospel and work is true! I am so grateful to be a part of it and to be a full-time servant of the Lord.
 
Love,
 
Elder Case

No comments:

Post a Comment